Would you rather not get an interview or to get rejected after an interview?

• ?

If you have the attitude that it's better to not try than to try and fail, then accept a life of never getting a head or doing anything great.    I don't say that as judgemental or criticism.  My own wife is so afraid of failure that she accepts a mediocre job that is will below her capabilities. 

But interviewing is a skill.  And like all skills it can be practiced.  And you learn more from your failures than you do from your successes.  That is a near universal truth, not just with interviewing.

Always better to get interviewed.

How else are you going to improve your interview technique?

Most fundamentally though:-

Interview = chance of getting the job.

No interview = absolutely no chance of getting the job.

I don't mind not getting it after an interview but one employer invited me to a whole day and I made stupid models out of straws and then rejected me, after a whole day of bullshit.

• ?

I’d rather not go through the process. I was just recently strung along through a 3 interview process just to get turned away. I can’t waste all my vacation time for crap that’s going nowhere.

I would rather not get the interview.  That way I wouldn't have wasted my time on an interview only to be rejected.