Do you agree with me that student loans should be abolished?

Taking out a big loan (thousands of dollars) ---- under the assumption that:

--- you will graduate

and

--- you will find a decent-paying job after you graduate

Newsflash: It might not pan out that way!

and these loans can't be discharged in bankruptcy.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Tuition should be abolished.

If loans were abolished, where would you get the money to go to college?

Think about that.

What should happen is that tuition should be lower.

There are roughly 250 million grown-ups in the U.S. Of this aggregate, just 45 million are understudy loan borrowers. While that number is huge, it's under 20% of the absolute grown-up populace. Pardoning understudy loan obligation absolutely would profit these people. Nonetheless, in excess of 200 million grown-up Americans presently don't have, or never had, understudy loan obligation. Is it reasonable for drop understudy loans for this sub-segment of the populace, while most of the populace (who may confront other, significant monetary difficulties) don't get proportionate monetary help? Numerous government citizens might not have any desire to finance the expense of educational loan obligation retraction, which could cost almost $400 billion, while they get no monetary advantage.

Should car loans be abolished because some people buy Lambourghinis they cannot afford?  There is plenty of affordable education out there, but people insist on buying the luxury brand they cannot afford.  Stupid people need to feel the repercussions of their stupidity.

• garry

abolished such as no student loans or the should be allowed with payment , after all a loans a loans , no loans for free , you cant afford it then dont get a loan , next thing will be house loans not paid off . do what i did , work my way through university , it never hurt me .. no loans back then .

NO, because college would become something that is only available to the wealthiest 1% of Americans. And that's WRONG, no matter what. The student loan system needs to be REFORMED, not abolished outright. And the way to achieve that is by educating students and parents about how the system works and what they should and shouldn't do.

So only the children of rich people can go to college? No, thanks!

No  Not unless people like me who never wanted to go to University I worked and Paid Taxes fro the Age of 15 then I want $10,000  because I never went to University to offset

MY TAXES BERING USED TO SEND OTHERS TO UNIVERSITY

I already pay taxes for 7 times on my income and Pension to educate other Peoples Children Now selfish Bastards want me to pay again to send selfish people to University Not in any Lifetime

you want the benefits of a University education You Pay

whilst you are Playing stupid Games in University I was in the Air Force from the age of 17 and served for 38 years AND ALL THE GENERAL PUBLIC DID WAS TO SPIT ON ME

No, because you have people who could've went to a college in their state for $25k, instead of going out of state for $100k.  The same people who complain about this are buying $8 coffees at starbucks every day.  

• It's amazing the amount of dumb that comes in the way of questions here.. This one is laughable..

• ?

Since nobody forced you to sign a loan obligation, which is no different than a mortgage or car loan, you aren't going to get people to agree with that.