Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 1 month ago

An ugly photo of me will be placed on the school wall...what do I do?

At my school, every student will a 30 or higher on their ACT gets a banner with their face on the wall. My face was breaking out the day that I took my photo. Acne everywhere, a big red pimple, messy hair. I looked awful. What do I do? I don't want people to see my banner and laugh.

Ask if you can substitute a new picture. Find out who is the teacher with the authority to decide, and take the picture with you and give it to him.

• MS

Ask if you can submit an alternative picture.  Or just ask that your banner be hung without a picture, or not at all. 

Honey, we all looked bad in high school. Years from now, you'll look back on that picture and think "Why didn't I appreciate how good I looked at that age." But you can have your parents call the principal and ask if you can submit another picture to use. 

Maybe you can go talk to the principal about it and tell them you don't like the picture that they took of you and you're insecure about it. You could ask them to take a new one or give them one you prefer. If you really don't want your picture on the wall, you could always ask them to not put it up.

• ?

Ask if you can photoshop the picture.