Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

Will life ever go back to the pre-COVID normal?

Obviously, not expecting this to happen for many years. But is it possible that large gatherings will one day be a safe thing?

Pre-COVID normal, yeah.  But there is a lot more going on than the pandemic.  We have had pandemics before.  It is the political and social issues that are going to be the big thing.  These are the issues that will change our lives radically.  You have seen the issues.  I won't predict the outcome, except that it is going to get worse before it gets better.  

We have had pandemics in the past, and they often lasted about a year or two.

• I hope so, even if it takes a few years. If enough people get vaccinated, this puts people at less risk of getting covid and the virus shouldn't spread as much and as fast as it does now. 

No. Life won't ever be as it was before, because the virus isn't going to disappear and we will always be at risk.

I think it is very possible but not for at least another year.  They can't make the vaccines quickly enough.  For example, Canada's medium to low priority people won't get their vaccines until - starting about Sept. 2021 and the U.S. expects to get to the general public in early Spring.  I guess that means, in April because we are almost in February and we still are not into the second group of qualifying people.