Car salesman tried to sale me a vehicle that was already sold?!?

I will tell the short version. I called the car dealership at 10am to discuss a specific vehicle. I told the car salesman that “I’m ready to purchase a vehicle today as long as the numbers are right!” I proceeded with the approval process and throughout the day kept communicating with the sales rep about the car via TEXT! Every time I tried to call him to talk he kept sending me a voicemail. He finally calls me around 5:15PM to tell me that the vehicle we had been discussing ALL DAY was sold 30 minutes ago! Then he says, actually someone took it home last night for a test drive and decided 30 min ago they wanted it.    Keep in mind he has already ran my credit specifically for this vehicle! I am LIVID! Pretty much I wasted a whole entire day and my credit has dropped a few points. What would you do in this situation? Any tips from any car salesman or anyone with solid advice?

I live 2 hours away from the dealership!

Why run my credit without for a specific vehicle without first confirming that the vehicle I want is available??. The car was in someone else’s possession from the night before.. wtf?

Green 666 by isotope rays is NOT forgivable; it leads to permanent hell. 666 is given with World Passport with no name on it (grey plastic card). Police 666 people on highways. Food stores and prisoners/insane asylum folks (released by the antichrist) 666 people too. Reject vaccines. Don't go into UFO to be healed by demons. Hide with Orthodox Christians to escape 666; leave all electronics behind so that antichrist's minions can't track you; burn documents as documents are from Satan.

Source(s): According to the Last Prophet (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL aka saint healer VYACHESLAV KRASHENINNIKOV) if the last descendant rejects mark of the beast, then his/her direct ancestors go to permanent heaven. To reject mark of the beast, one needs to hide within a 10-15 people group without electronics/documents. Documents are from Satan; burn them. Electronics can be used to track you and to show the antichrist (even on old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's using Tesla's ether); forgive me.
  • L

It appears your salesman was not the only one selling the car to a customer.....this happens a lot - especially if the sales people do NOT communicate with each other.

You waited too long to make the deal. It is over. Forget it and move on. 

Tips to do WHAT? It's over and done and he was trying to sell you the car in good faith. How was he to know that someone else let it go........

• D50

You wasted his whole day too. Someone shows up with cash and buys it. Cash talks. 

It's called bird in hand is worth two in a bush.

They don't know if you are really going to show up.  Or IF you showed up that you would even still like the car.

The car wasn't someone else's until they signed the paperwork. 

Who cares that they ran your check?  You credit isn't so poor that a single inquiry is going to impact your ability to get a car is it?

What do you do?  You move on. 

If you want, you can bad yelp them, but if the yelp readers are like me they don't think the dealership did anything wrong. 

It happens.

Unless you go directly to the lot and work out the sale right then and there, they aren't going to sit on it, because people constantly show interest in buying a car only to fall off the face of the planet.

It reminds me of the time my boss was selling his old SUV - one guy stopped by his office and expressed interest, while a second guy ran out to his bank, got out the amount he was asking, came back, and bought it.

Later the first guy came back, and was mad that my boss had sold it.  He was fuming, but we all informed him that just because he was the first to inquire about it didn't mean jack.  As the old saying goes 'money talks, and bullsh** walks'.

You'll find another vehicle - dealerships are desperate to sell them right now.

Yes that happens, there is more than one salesperson at the dealership and its not unusual to have more than one customer interested in a particular vehicle. You cannot expect them to put the vehicle aside just for you, what if you changed your mind, same thing happens in real estate, until you put down a deposit the goods are up for grabs for somebody else

Actual money in the hand "is KING"  Talk is cheap.

. That someone was 12 hours ahead of you. (They had the car last night) So they showed up with the car and the decision to buy it.

. Too bad for you.

. If it is a NEW CAR then the factory makes many of them.  So you pick again.

..That is the way it goes. No ONE CARES if you are Livid, and holding your breath and other childish behaviour.   Too late for you.

. Text is just TALK.  You are full of hot air.

Get over yourself and move on.

It happens. Find another car.

No salesman believes a texter over an in person customer anyway. Serious customers show up in person.