I just replaced my laptop monitor but it shows multiple displays. I found it with a punched in monitor so I took it off. ?

I just replaced my laptop monitor but it shows multiple displays. I don't know if it's broke or if there's a setting I need to switch it too but as of now I can't even see what's on the screen because the details are so tiny. 

• Lv 7

laptops don't have monitors. they have display screens.

are you connecting a monitor to it, or did you replace the screen?

if it shows two displays, then there are 2 connected.

or the hardware is damaged, in which case, welcome to the world of used junk.

gotta love these questions ... no brand, no model and you think we can read those details from thousands of kilometers away ...

you may have fitted an LCD with  different dimensions to the previous one. This is usually not possible as the cables connections would usually be different.  So you may have gone form say 1600x1200 to an HD 1920x1080 display. this would then make all the text small. you need to alter the windows scheme to larger fonts or temporarily set the LCD dimensions to 1440x900 or 1600x1200 or some other dimensions that work.