Bio help please?
1. During striated muscle contraction, the
a. Z-lines become closer togetherb. Z-lines become farther apartc. actin and myosin become farther apartd. actin and myosin become closer together2. most of the energy for muscle contraction is derived froma. glucose produced in aerobic cellular respirationb. ATP produced in aerobic cellular respirationc. lactate produced in fermentationd. ADP produced in anaerobic cellular respiration
3. On a cold day, the temperature of the air reaching alveoli is raised in the nasal
passages because the
a. movement of air is increased due to the size of the passageways
b. rate of gas exchange is decreased due to the large number of blood vessels
c. surface area of the turbinates allows for the transfer of moisture
d. surface area of the turbinates allows for the transfer of heat
4. A mechanical ventilator in a hospital is designed to fulfill several purposes. One
is to deliver oxygen-carbon dioxide balanced air to the patient at a prescribed rate. Why would carbon dioxide be included in the air?
a. Pure oxygen cannot be absorbed by the lungs unless diluted.
b. Carbon dioxide stimulates the respiratory centre in the brain.
c. Carbon dioxide is necessary to reduce the hemoglobin.
d. Pure oxygen causes the formation of nitrogen bubbles in the blood.
- hcbiochemLv 71 month ago
1. a. Z-lines become closer together
2. b. ATP produced in aerobic cellular respiration
3. d. surface area of the turbinates allows for the transfer of heat
4. b. Carbon dioxide stimulates the respiratory centre in the brain.