Jamie
Jamie asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

Does aragorn use the name strider to hide his identity ?

I know first half before they arrive in  Rivendale he is using that name then Legoland reveils his true identity 

• User
    Favorite Answer

IF I remember correctly

(I might not)

in the book

Aragorn revealed his "true identity" (the name "Aragorn") at Butterburr's (i.e. the same evening he met Frodo).

At some point in the book

he explains that he is known by many different names in different places

and that "here in the North" he was known as "Strider".

I expect

that at times

he found it useful to use the name "Strider" to conceal his identity.

For example: it seems that he does so several times in the book, only announcing his name (and title) when he discovers people whom he expects or hopes to be his allies.

• JASON

If I recall back correctly 36 years, it was because he had long legs. I remember because while walking along at college someone called me that, and I said yeah that's ok. But the nickname never stuck.

• Andrew

Legoland? I don't remember him. Perhaps you meant Legolas. Strider was a nickname bestowed on Aragorn. He didn't have an issue with people using his name, but in some places - chiefly Eriador, that's what people tended to call him.