Question about MRSA?

This thing still bugging me to this day. About 3 years ago, my whole family basically had a direct contact with a patient who is a carrier. There was a good possiblity of us (family) brought it home. Fortunately no one had a symptom, other than me and my dad had some cases of boil here and there, but it went away after a few days. So we did not think that was MRSA and just a normal boil.

So here is the question. After 3 years, what are the chances of our home still being contaminated of MRSA?

Favorite Answer

I'm sure in the past 3 years your whole family has been around more than 1 carrier of MRSA.  About 20% of the population are MRSA carriers including almost all healthcare providers who work in hospitals.

MRSA does not go away without very potent antibiotics.  If you didn't need this, you didn't have MRSA.

No, your house is no longer infected with MRSA.

• Tavy

Absolute zero.......

• Rick B

The chances of MRSA being alive in your home after three years are ZERO.