Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Is there a chance that we can make Christ Jesus be mad at us? Why?

No, I doubt he loses his cool.  We can disappoint him, however, because of our divine potential.

Matthew 12:31 “For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven.

Blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. What is this blasphemy against the spirit?

The Bible provides a specific example of one who blasphemed God and Christ but did not become guilty of unforgivable sin.

What example am I talking about?

Paul which was Saul prior to his conversion.  Paul wrote to Timothy:

American Standard Version "though I was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: howbeit I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief;" 1 Tim. 1:13

Notice: Paul said that he was once a blasphemer I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief;

Jesus said at Matthew 12:31 that I mentioned earlier that "every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men" 

Paul was an example of someone that spoke against Jesus and his Father but he was forgiven.

Also notice that Jesus said in Matthew 12:31 but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven.

Paul gain God mercy because notice according to 1 Timothy 1:13 "... because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Now what is an example of blasphemy against the spirit that would not be forgiven.

The English word “blasphemy,” however, is usually restricted to irreverent or abusive speech against God and sacred things.

So when abusive speech was spoken against God and the person literally knew it was from God but denied they knew it was God that was sinning against Gods spirit.

Jesus made known that some of the Pharisees and religious leaders in his day had sinned against God's spirit.

Some may think they know if someone has sin against God's spirit but they do not that's why Jesus said "So Jesus admonishes his listeners: “Stop judging that you may not be judged; for with the judgment you are judging, you will be judged.”​Matthew 7:1, 2.

I noticed the person Misty said "Jesus never existed so you can pretend."

Answer - 

Albert Einstein, a German-born Jewish physicist, asserted: “I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene.” When asked if he viewed Jesus as a historical person, he responded: “Unquestionably! No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life.”

TACITUS

(c. 56-120 C.E., or Common Era) Tacitus is considered to be one of the greatest of the ancient Roman historians. His Annals deal with the Roman Empire from 14 C.E. to 68 C.E. (Jesus died in 33 C.E.) Tacitus wrote that when a great fire devastated Rome in 64 C.E., Emperor Nero was considered responsible. But Tacitus wrote that Nero accused the Christians in order to “scotch the rumour.” Then Tacitus said: “Christus, the founder of the name [Christian], had undergone the death penalty in the reign of Tiberius, by sentence of the procurator Pontius Pilatus.”​—Annals, XV, 44.

Suetonius wrote: “Since the Jews constantly made disturbances at the instigation of Chrestus [Christus], he [Claudius] expelled them from Rome.” (The Deified Claudius, XXV, 4) Although wrongly accusing Jesus of creating disturbances, Suetonius did not doubt his existence.

FLAVIUS JOSEPHUS

(c. 37-100 C.E.) This Jewish priest and historian states that Annas, a Jewish high priest who continued to wield political influence, “convened the judges of the Sanhedrin [the Jewish high court] and brought before them a man named James, the brother of Jesus who was called the Christ.”​—Jewish Antiquities, XX, 200.

THE TALMUD

This collection of Jewish rabbinic writings, dating from the third to the sixth centuries C.E., shows that even Jesus’ enemies affirmed his existence. One passage says that on “the Passover Yeshu [Jesus] the Nazarean was hanged,” which is historically correct. (Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 43a, Munich Codex; see John 19:14-16.) Another states: “May we produce no son or pupil who disgraces himself in public like the Nazarene”​—a title often applied to Jesus.​—Babylonian Talmud, Berakoth 17b, footnote, Munich Codex;

Source(s): WBTS
  • Misty

Jesus never existed so you can pretend.

UPDATE:   Observe, folks, Wiiliam's post.  Here we see a fine example of the standard Jehovah's Witness pre-packaged cut-&-paste combination reply/advertisement for the Watchtower Society.  Time-saving, convenient to use, easily done by a few keyboard strokes and selecting the appropriate boxes on the page.  No original thought needed or wanted from the Society or William himself.  

___________

Why would you want Jesus to be angry with you?

While dying slowly on the cross, in agony, He cried out to God, "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do" Luke 23:34. His anger is reserved for the Day of Judgment when He appears in glory and with hosts of angels to destroy all the unrepentant who have resisted His rule. Psalm 2 & Revelation 6:15-17 which says:

"Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains, They called to the mountains and the rocks, 'Fall  on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"

But don't equate human feelings, like getting mad at someone, with the cold, righteous judgment Christ delivers on all who never repented but who cursed God all the more as those plagues from Heaven were poured out on them. Wrath that is righteous is not what humans are capable of, but Christ is.

Oh, and don’t you mean “How” (not Why)? That cannot be answered unless you clarify whether you mean Christians or non-Christians.