Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

How can I bring my Christian faith back and stop listing after gold looking women I see on pornhub and pinterest among other sites?

Practice obeying all of Jesus' sayings

"listing after gold looking women" - how do you list something.  And what are "gold looking women", women with tanned skin?

Start by working on your English.

I think you meant to say *lusting* after *good* looking women.

I'm an atheist, but I've spent considerable time around Christians, including in several men's groups - and one of the single most common 'sins' that they express having difficulty with is viewing porn (generally for the purposes of masturbation).

I've watched several of them allow it make them lose their jobs, destroy their marriages, lose custody of their children, and prevent them from being able to maintain healthy relationships.

The problem is that a 'god' can't help you.

You would have to make the decision for yourself, and then take the necessary steps to prevent yourself from engaging in the type(s) of behavior that you want to stop.  No amount of 'prayer' or 'fellowship' is going to do it for you.

The best way I've heard a believer put it, is that 'god' will dig you out of any hole, but the first thing he does is toss you a shovel - but the fact is that people with no belief in 'god(s)' whatsoever manage to overcome things all the time on their own - so that saying is basically an admission that you can remove 'god' from the equation, and still get positive results.

Start by learning what the word "proofreading" means.  Hint: there are no gold looking women to list after. Then stop asking people how to do things that only you can do.  Do you expect to be told eat raisins or something?  Finally, learn how to think instead of trying to dream up stupid questions that you believe are clever but anyone with a room temperature IQ sees as idiotic. 

Wear boxing gloves to bed  the sort with sewn in thumbs. For then you cant troll on your media device either

The Bible is clear. If thy hand offend thee, cut it off. If your eyes drag you to lust, and sin, they need to go. You can also castrate yourself, dedicate what's left of your life to Christ, as early martyrs did. God wants you to live a clean pure life. You must take steps to ensure that. 

Believing in the Lord Jesus Christ means being forgiven all sins past and future, and means going to heaven and not hell.  Saved people still sin.  See 1 John 1:8.  The pornography past and future is forgiven by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ.  To grow, read the Bible.  The Bible is the Word of God.  Use the King James Bible, because it is 100% perfect.  Start reading in the Book of John.  As for heaven and hell, Death leads to immediate heaven or hell, and it is too late to be saved, after death.  To be in heaven and not hell, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is God and who died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and who was buried, and who resurrected from the dead.  The only way to avoid hell is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, without adding any of your own works.  See Romans 4:5, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, and John 3:16.

Too late fella. Fireball will set fire to you.