Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

At what age does living at home start to be frowned upon my modern day western society ?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I’m 50, and I live at home.  It’s never frowned upon.

• 4 weeks ago

I'm not sure it does anymore. We are having hard times.

• 4 weeks ago

When my daughter becomes an adult, she's welcome to stay with me as long as she likes. She'll have to pay rent and bills, however, if she's not going to college. 

• 1 month ago

Due to covid, many college students are home taking their courses on-line. Because so many youny adults at college age and older, are out of work, they have gone back home into their parent's house.

Therefore, it is pretty common in todays d !ay and age for young adults to be living back at home.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Who cares what society thinks. 

• 1 month ago

There is no stigma to living with your parents as long as you don't just take it for granted. There are many good reasons for living at home, but you should always take a share of the chores and the expenses. It makes me shudder to hear of 30-year-old children living at home doing nothing while their mother cooks, cleans and launders for them.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dont see anything wrong with it, some people do it to help their parents

• 1 month ago

If you are referring to children living with their parents, there is no one golden rule.  Some people do so due to their financial situation/cost of living, some do so for cultural reasons, some do so due to unexpected circumstances and some may do so by choice with the full blessing of the parents.  The reasons are vast and diverse, and in today's society adult children living at home is more common.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Doesn't everyone?

'Home' is the place where someone lives.

• 1 month ago

I live at home now and I'm in my 70s. It's my home and I intend to stay here. If you mean living in your parents' home, it depends on circumstances but unless you have a reason to move out, take your time, there's no hurry. Your parents will let you know if you are unwanted.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.