Do you believe someone who says I am a follow of Christ, but the Bible is irrelevant, because I only believe in what has been spoken about?

Christ through the generations, Century after Century.

Which  is the best kind of Belief to have of Christ, with the possible exception of taking on the beliefs of someone close to you who said once they were lucky enough to have an Angel speak to them about Christ once.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

If someone doesn't believe the Bible, then they aren't following the Lord Jesus Christ.  So believe the Bible, because the Bible is the Word of God.  Use the King James Bible because it is 100% perfect.  Death leads to immediate heaven or hell, and it is too late to be saved, after death.  To be in heaven and not hell, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is God and who died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and who was buried, and who resurrected from the dead.  The only way to avoid hell is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, without adding any of your own works.  See Romans 4:5, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, and John 3:16.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Spoken about by who? Jesus Christ clearly demonstrated that He was God, by constantly doing things only God could do. He, God, founded one Church, said it was to remain one, and promised the leaders of that one Church "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". That one Church, with its divine guarantee of truth, compiled the Bible from its own writings (and early Jewish writings), and declares as binding truth that these 73 texts are the inspired Word of God. Therefore God Himself has declared it to be so.

• 4 weeks ago

Not so much.  How can he follow Christ if he rejects all the words of Christ he knows about?

• Archer
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That which was "spoken" is based in the story books mankind wrote about that specific god just as so many other books have been written about so may other gods.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Misty
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

All religious people are nuts.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Do you believe someone who says I am a followER of Christ, but the Bible is irrelevant [ no , ]  because I only believe in what has been spoken about?

What do you mean, believe them?  They're making no sense.

• 4 weeks ago

If you knew how the Bible warned Christians about an angel speaking to them, you would value it. "I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel, which is no gospel at all... But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned" Galatians 1:6-9.

But the Islamic faith arose centuries later with claims of an angel speaking with a message they were to recite. The LDS faith arose in the early 1800s with claims of an angel speaking with a message to be translated from gold tablets. Neither of those religions agree with the Bible or with the gospel of Christ that is in the Bible.

Christians in the 1st century were told to "contend earnestly for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints. For certain men have secretly slipped in among you... and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord" Jude vs 3-4. Note that these were saints in the 1st century, many of whom were still alive at that time. Christians were not to add to what they had already learned and that was already written down in the Bible, nor to take away from it. Unless you know the Bible thoroughly, you will not know when such men have slipped in and started distorting God's holy word. Beware traditionalists who think that is more important than what the Bible actually says! Many religious groups claiming to be Christian put church traditions above the written word of God.

Christians do what is stated in Acts 2:42 - they devote themselves to the apostles' teachings and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer." There were only 12 apostles and all they have written down in the Bible teaches Christians. They had all died by the beginning of the 2nd century but all they'd done and said is enough for every Christian from then till now. The word of God, the Bible, is complete, and is the only rule of faith for Christians. Nobody who disregards the Bible can be a true follower of Christ.

• 4 weeks ago

no not at all

• 4 weeks ago

I mean, I believe that they believe it.

That doesn't mean there is any basis in reality for anything you believe.

• 4 weeks ago

The Bible remains an important part of the authentic Judeo-Christian faith. That said, so is the constant Tradition and Magisterial Teachings of the Holy Catholic Church. Scripture, Tradition and Magisterium enlightened and sanctified the Jews, as well as all Christians, right up until the advent of the Protestants, who decided to make up their own rules and purely for their own reasons, with no authority at all, ignore, discard and replace whatever parts of genuine Christianity they didn't happen to like or understand. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.