Bible is reality or fiction?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Some of both.   Selling a fraud would be much much more difficult if one did not mix in some truth to convince the frightened and the ignorant. BTW , ALL faith based religions are founded on this exact same principal. Not just the Christian Bible. 

Thomas Jefferson  -  " I have examined all the known superstitions of the world, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology."

Gene Roddenberry  -  " We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes"

Unknown  -  " Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

Carl Sagan  -  "You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe."

Terry Pratchett  -  " The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it."

Stephen Roberts  -  " I contend that we are both atheists. I simply reject one more  god than you do."

" When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Attachment image
  • 3 weeks ago

It is a summary of Bronze Age classic stories. There might be some obvious occasions blended in yet it is not really a set of experiences book.

• 4 weeks ago

The term Bible fiction alludes to works of fiction which use characters, settings and occasions taken from the Bible. The level of fictionalization in these works fluctuates and, despite the fact that they are regularly composed by Christians or Jews, this isn't generally the situation.

• 1 month ago

The Bible is real. It's just that some people don't accept what's written in it as reality.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

fictious relality , it true if you believe in it or if you dont believe it not true .. believers true to force there opinion , and non believes try to force theres .

• 1 month ago

It is not fiction in the classical sense. Some of it is probably allegory and other parts are religious teachings. There are also some portions that are historical fact. Its is your choice as to what you might believe about it. 

• bluto
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Fiction. No evidence of any of the supernatural events.

However like most fiction the stories take place on the backdrop of real world events.

Spider-Man has stories that take place in real world places and often reflect real world current events.

The Bible is a collection of stories often re told over and over by word of mouth that are collected and put together so the various stories were set in a real pace that the writers could identify with and then the fictional characters did things within the world under the back drop of what was going on at the time.

Just because it is fiction doesn’t mean it has no value.

But believing it in its entirety is as stupid as thinking Superman is going to come in and stop the nukes. 

No like all writings- it’s a window into the past through the authors eyes. Even fiction can have elements of truth.

Unless it’s set in space with zero connection to the modern world.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The Bible is not a history book.

• 1 month ago

It is a compendium of Bronze Age folk tales. There may be some true events mixed in but it is hardly a history book.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Very Poor Fiction.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.