Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

What’s going on?

So i accidentally came across my narcissistic and emotionally abusive ex on social media. He’s started a business, works out, has lady friends, and seems to be happy. Is this all an act or can these people change?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Possibly you analyzed him wrong. Possibly you are the one in particular that sees his awful side. Perhaps something about your character set off his conduct. Truly, individuals can change.

A few people disdain me and some think I am the best thing actually to come into their lives. Individuals are clever and yes entirely versatile.

• Louie
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Doubtful he has changed.  Don't forget that when you go fishing you have to put bait on the hook. To the fish, the bait always looks edible & once it bites it's too late to escape the consequence, so all he has to do is real you in. mho.

• 1 month ago

Does your fast food meal EVER look like the one in the commercial, or ad? Why would he put up pictures and stories that don't make him out to be a great guy having fun with the opposite sex?

You did say your "EX", but you seem to have forgotten why. 

Yes, people can change.

• 1 month ago

Never assume a reality based on someone's social media profile.  He's not going to put stuff that makes him or his life look bad.  This is the problem with social media.  It's fake, superficial, misleading and NOT to be taken seriously.  I suggest distancing yourself from these websites if you're going to worry about how others want to make their lives look online.  

But here's a harsh truth: Assholes tend to be successful.  There really is no end to what you can achieve when you don't care about anyone else.  The number one job sociopaths are attracted to is CEO.  Followed by lawyer, television/media personality, salesman and surgeon.  All of these are successful jobs and can certainly spice up a Facebook page, but they don't measure anything substantial.  They measure material wealth.  If he was abusive, I doubt he's changed.  People like that are typically savages with no hope of self-improvement.  Just keep in mind that he's more than likely empty on the inside.  Why else would he bother glamorizing his social media profiles?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It is all an act because a narcissist is someone who seeks perverse pleasures, positions of authority, wealth status, and constant validation. 

A narcissist has low self-esteem and lacks empathy. He doesn't have real lady friends because of his constant need for adulation and validation from people who only are attracted to successful and rich idiots in society. 

Do not waste time comparing yourself to others because you will also become vain and bitter.

He will never be happy or satisfied because of his Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He only pretends to be happy because all narcissists can never be happy in this life.

• 1 month ago

No it is not an act.

A narcissist can not change unless he seeks help.

Yes,he is happy.

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most try to look good on social media .

• 1 month ago

Maybe you diagnosed him wrong. Maybe you are the only one that sees his bad side.  Maybe something about your personality triggered his behavior. Yes, people can change.

Some people hate me & some think I am the best thing ever to come into their lives.  People are funny & yes very adaptable.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Has it occurred to you that his being narcissistic and emotionally abusive has nothing to do with his ability to start a business, start working out, having lady friends or being happy?

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why are you following him? You need to get passed this to fully heal.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.