Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 4 weeks ago

Has covid changed football forever ?

I hope not beginning to dislike the game already.Not the game I grew up with

No, not forever. The game w9ill largely be the same.

Yes, the fan base is dropping since they cannot attend games. 

Yes.  Covid can cause brain inflammation and cognitive damage.  Now, in addition to concussions, players have another reason to be America-hating kneeling morons.

• Cu Tie

Yes, Covid-19 pushed the NFL to pass a Collective Bargaining Agreement that expanded the regular season to 17 games and the playoffs to 14 teams.

• Kyle

no.  it'll go back to normal when more people get vaccinated and cases go down.  the only thing that has changed was limited to no fans depending on the city.

Honestly, I don't think so.  To me it seemed the most unchanged of the major sports.  

Football has been going after the video game and music video audience segment for years, emphasizing a product that looks good on TV and treating the fan experience as a secondary concern.

Yes, there were disruptions due to positive tests and issues with contact tracing, but those will likely become less of a factor as the public narrative shift from "fear" to "management" of the virus.

If anything, I believe the COVID season accelerated the NFL's already existing plans to turn the game into a made-for-TV experience.  Note the new camera angles and HD "steady cam" tight shots with a blurry background.  Note how the reality is now looking more like a video game than the other way around.

Source(s): Happy Birthday Wolfgang

whos covid?????

• Kathy

I do not think so.