Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 4 weeks ago

Has covid changed football forever ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I hope not beginning to dislike the game already.Not the game I grew up with

• 4 weeks ago

No, not forever. The game w9ill largely be the same.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes, the fan base is dropping since they cannot attend games. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes.  Covid can cause brain inflammation and cognitive damage.  Now, in addition to concussions, players have another reason to be America-hating kneeling morons.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes, Covid-19 pushed the NFL to pass a Collective Bargaining Agreement that expanded the regular season to 17 games and the playoffs to 14 teams.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

no.  it'll go back to normal when more people get vaccinated and cases go down.  the only thing that has changed was limited to no fans depending on the city.

• 4 weeks ago

Honestly, I don't think so.  To me it seemed the most unchanged of the major sports.  

Football has been going after the video game and music video audience segment for years, emphasizing a product that looks good on TV and treating the fan experience as a secondary concern.

Yes, there were disruptions due to positive tests and issues with contact tracing, but those will likely become less of a factor as the public narrative shift from "fear" to "management" of the virus.

If anything, I believe the COVID season accelerated the NFL's already existing plans to turn the game into a made-for-TV experience.  Note the new camera angles and HD "steady cam" tight shots with a blurry background.  Note how the reality is now looking more like a video game than the other way around.

Source(s): Happy Birthday Wolfgang
  • 4 weeks ago

whos covid?????

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I do not think so.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.