Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

If cellphones are so common in prison, why have I never seen any social media posts from a prisoner?

I have never seen a post on reddit titled “I’m locked up in maximum security...Ask me anything!” Or anything similar. You would think that if this was common that you’d see more social media from current prisoners. But I don’t. I was unable to find any online posts from current prisoners

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Cell phones are generally not legal in prisons. Someone smuggling one in generally uses it for actual phone calls, not to make posts that PROVE they are in possession of contraband.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Prison guards usually frown upon prisoners posting social media from a cellphone.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

My brother is a prison guard.  He's not aware that cell phones are "so common" among prisoners.  Where is this?

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because they're not trying to advertise that they've got these phones (as cell phones aren't allowed in prison). In the best case scenario these phones are used to secretly stay in touch with loved ones. In the worst case scenario they're used to direct gang activities from behind bars. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Playing with social media isn’t high on the priority list for inmates

Their single mindedness is criminal and immoral activity: drugs, money, weapons, sex, violence 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.