Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

How do I exercise without people knowing?

So this sounds sad but how do I exercise without people knowing im trying to lose weight? I know im probably going to quit again anyways in a week and if people knew then ill get a "i told you so" , anyway I have my own room so I have room for sit ups and push ups but people i live with will get suspicious if I start taking walks, any other exercises I should do? Thank you! If it helps im a 20 year old women. 

You're 20 years old.  You're an adult.   And you are certainly old enough to start disregarding "what other people think".  Work on it.  It'll be the best thing you ever did for yourself.

Why are you worried about people finding out that you're exercising??  Or if they get suspicious?  Exercise is a way of life.  You don't need to give any excuses or reasons to those people, or to yourself.  You want to get healthier and you should just do it. Start going out for walks.  You'll feel so good and with good eating habits, you'll notice the weight come off.  Soon enough, you won't care about what others say. If anything, you can just say "I feel so much better exercising, and you should try it too".

• Petter

Just go outside and do it properly. Sit ups and push ups are fine for general fitness and to gain some muscle, but they for sure won't help you lose any weight.

In order to lose weight, you need to change your diet/break bad habbits. Adding exercise should also help, but not necessarily. Exercise will improve your health and general well being, and if you happen to lose some weight as well, it's only a bonus.

Best exercise for losing weight is extensive cardio. At least 40 minutes per time, and the more the better, but don't overdo it.