Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareFirst Aid · 2 months ago

Experts: Help me identify a possible pest please!?

I repeatedly get one single bug bite during the night - usually on my knuckles. The bite looks like a mosquito bite sometimes but I “trapped” it (the biting stopped for a while) and has started again. No sign of bed bugs and I don’t react to those sort of bites right away. One night I was so paranoid I kept my hands far under the blanket all night and my chin was bitten. What could I be dealing with that only feasts once a night? The bite swells, is itchy and red, sometimes even has a dot right in the center of it. Why does this critter favor my knuckles?!

• Andy C

Could be a spider that is biting not to feast but out of self-defense. 

If you're only getting bit on exposed areas, it's got to be mosquitos or fleas. Spider bites don't itch and other insects like bedbugs & thrips would get under the blankets.

• ?

still sounds like bed bugs

A spider perhaps. But it could be a roach, they are nocturnal and they just love hands and other areas that come into contact with food.