Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Aaron asked in Entertainment & MusicRadio · 2 months ago

How to keep my Motorola radio from changing stations?

I do work that requires me and my coworkers to have strong and reliable radio communications. I use the Motorola XPR 6550 as my primary radio. It serves me extremely well with the exception of one thing. Whenever I sit in my car, the radio sometimes changes channels without my knowing. For example, we use channel one for our operations, but when I sit in the car, sometimes the radio station nob rotates to channel 2 or 3 causing me to lose comms with my coworkers. This has happened several times and is highly frustrating. I have tried changing the position my radio is on my belt but I still have the same issue. I prefer to have the radio on my duty belt to the 8 o'clock position between my Taser and Handcuffs as that is the spot I am most comfortable with but I run into the issue of my radio sometimes changing stations without my knowledge. Simply put I am asking for advice on how I can eliminate this problem? Do I need to change radios or is there some kind of device or fixture I can apply to the radio to lock the channel knob in place. Thank you!

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.