Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 2 months ago

Who is at fault?

Some idiot decided to drive slow and brake check me, the roads were icy and when I tried to stop. I rear ended him, he was going too slow. Who is at fault?

57 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

you are 100% You were following to close for conditions.

• 2 months ago

You are at fault and driving too close. If you run into the back of someone, it is always your fault. You don't have the right to tail gate someone because YOU have judged the other driver as going too slow. 

• car253
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You are at fault.   Always have to keep your distance.

• Git
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Did he/she intended to force you to rear-end him/her?

If not you have no case. Even if he/she has that intention (maybe a scam to claim insurance), you will still have to prove it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You are Because you suppose to leave Alot of room for other Drivers you tailgater

• ALBERT
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

The law says you are at fault. You are supposed to adapt your speed to the road conditions and leave enough space between you and the car in front of you so that in case it decided to stop suddenly, whether the reason is legitimate or not then you are able to stop without hitting it.

• 2 months ago

You are      

• zipper
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You were driving to fast for condition, so you were and always will be.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You need to increase your following distance during inclement weather.

• 2 months ago

You are. You did not allow for enough space between your two cars to have avoided rear-ending him. Especially under icy conditions. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.