Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 2 months ago

Are there any local stores that carry smartphone batteries?

I don't like ordering online. But i got this old galaxy s5 smartphone that the battery is pretty much done. I have checked walmart, target, best buy but none of them had smartphone batteries. What are some local stores that sell them? 

I have a newer phone but i like testing apps on the galaxy s5 so i kinds still use it for fun. 

• ?

Check Batteries Plus. 

I hear ya! I have been searching for a TV remote battery for about 2 years, in LA county.

There are just too many batteries for too many phones to make it sensible for a store to stock them. Go ahead and order online--I did and haven't regretted it--my new battery was WAY better than the old one. I was skeptical too--but I did some research and found that the online purchase was fine. Just make sure you get the TYPE correct when you order. They're cheaper too, online. 

Look at your OLD battery and make sure they are compatible. Then buy a cheap one and see if it works. 

Look, brick and mortar stores are a failure on that. Even some stuff they sell, you need to order on line first. Try "batteryclerck.com".

• Mike

Your best bet will likely be a mobile phone store. Some malls have mobile phone accessory stores or kiosks. You can also try Battery stores.

You should be able to order one on Amazon.com, and it could have been delivered quicker than getting a good answer.

• ?

which smartphone battery the over 30 different types , different capacities , is your battery replaceable  , depends on the store if they carry your battery .

Try your local BatteriesPlus store.

• ?

I don't think so anymore, there used to be when all phones had user replaceable batteries, but most phones don't have user replicable batteries anymore (I'm not even sure if any do) even in 2014 when the Galaxy S5 was released user replaceable batteries were rare, phones have gone to internal batteries since a charge lasts longer on them, but for this reason no brick and mortar stores carry these batteries anymore

• ?

Ummm.  That might just depend on where "local" is.  It might not be the same in Gallup NM as it is in LA.

No store is going to sell them unless you live in India or China.