JohnT asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 2 months ago

Should massage therapist refuse to see me over minor disagreement? ?

I was in an accident about 6 months ago, and have been getting massages twice per month to help my back pain. I have been going to the same therapist, and I have founds her to be professional and helpful. Last week, we had a small disagreement. I was caught in traffic, and was 15 minutes late. She said that I would either have to wait for her to finish with her next client or reschedule the appointment. I found that completely absurd and I told her so, still she would not budge. Finally, I got real mad, and told her that she rubs guys' d**ks for a living, is a husssy with a license and that she is a nobody. I know that was wrong of me, and she is not that kind of a masseuse, but it was just in the heat of the moment. Figuring she would have forgotten about it, I called yesterday to make an appointment, and she actually said that she does not want me as her patient, despite me having apologized! I don't know what to do. I would rather not start over with someone else, and I would prefer to continue with her. What can I do? I can try the "nice approach" and send her a gift card or some flowers, or the "not so nice" and report her to the state board, and say that she gave me a "happy ending". Any advice? I understand I was wrong, but I also APOLOGIZED. Shouldn't she be expected to be professional and move on?

• ?

The nice approach would be to leave her alone and get another masseuse. Your just being immature. She did nothing at all wrong.  Judging by how she told you you'd have to wait for her next client doing you would've made her late for him so she couldn't do you so it was all out of her hands and you had to be rude. If course she doesn't wish to be associated with you.  Just go elsewhere.  

"...and told her that she rubs guys' d**ks for a living, is a husssy with a license and that she is a nobody."

Assuming that this is a real story with real people, you committed the ultimate sin with a woman -- you "dissed" her. Move on and hopefully learned something.

Good bye to the therapist.Learn your lesson.One should control the tongue under all circumstances, if you want a happy life

Any business can refuse to have you as a client for any reason other than discrimination.

The fact that you were an abusive client puts her 100% in the right.

Sometimes an apology is not enough.

Your only choice is to hope another therapist will take you as a client.

'I don't know what to do'? Learn from your idiotic mistake. If you can.

When you treat people like crap, you get crap.

• Kieth

You verbally assaulted her, and if you file a false claim against her, she can sue you. All the state board would have to do is look at her records to see what kind of business she is doing. 

Trying to treat this as a real question, if you got that upset about having to wait or reschedule because you were late, then you need to find another person.  Regardless of your feelings, your comments went too far.

By the way, when you make a report to a State Licensing board you do it under the penalty of perjury.  So if you lie about that, not only can the State charge you, the therapist can actually file a civil suit against you for any monetary damages she suffered.  But since this isn't a real question....go right ahead and report her.

You sound a nasty piece of work - or are a troll - or both.  If your question is remotely true, then find someone else as a masseur and treat them with respect.