How to find iPhone in the snow?

We have tried calling it. It is on vibrate or silent. I have tried to do the locate the phone through find my iPhone app. It says that it is offline. I am almost positive that the snow is blocking the internet connection. The Bluetooth is not on. Is there anything else I can do besides digging up my whole yard waiting for the snow to melt. It is not going to happen any time soon and we have more snow coming.

Start digging but don't cut it in half with the shovel.

snow don't block the singnal

Metal detector 

Flamethrower.   

• ?

The snow isn't blocking the signal.  The battery is frozen and the phone shut off.  

You pretty much have to start digging through the snow.  

Why is your phone outside in the snow?

Use a metal detector.

Start a snow war. Make forts, igloos, snowmen so there's a reason for your friends to disturb the snow for you. Then, "uh, while you're at it, keep an eye out for my phone."

• James

Wait until it's dark and you should be able to see the screen light if it's turned right side up and the snow isn't too deep