Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Yamaha MT07 Speed Sensor Without ABS?

I have built a quad with a Yamaha MT-07 ABS engine and loom I want the speed to show up on the dash but I think I need the ABS unit to do this with the sensors is there a way to bypass it? I have the rear ABS sensor already. 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

ABS refers to Antilock Braking System and has nothing to do with the engine. You can fit a simple analogue speedometer by taking the drive off a front wheel or the engine speedometer drive.

If it's a digital readout, which I think it is, then just transfer everything from the donor vehicle.

You would have saved yourself a load of hassle if you'd chosen an older vehicle such as a Suzuki SV650 twin from around 2002.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is an antilock braking system engine? Wow. No brakes? Just an ABS engine? Wild, dude. Is Yamaha using one of the ABS speed sensor cut-wheels or Hall-effect sensors to also provide the speedo readout? I guess that's possible... but what does the shop manual say? Most mc's use something on the gearbox output shaft... but hey, eddificate us, dude.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.