Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 2 months ago

Who believes that Joe Buck should be fired from Fox Sports?

If anyone drinks on the job s/he should be fired and recommended for Alcoholics Anonymous. Drinking on the job went out in the 1980's. In College I was surprised to see the Professor take out a bottle of Vodka and drink it straight in from of students. He said that "it makes me get through the day." If the jobs that bad then resign and seek professional help immediately. 

Buck mention on Cowherd's Podcast that him and Troy drank in the booth during games. Sometimes the both of them will say things that makes you look at the person next to you and shake your head. 

One must have morals and standards when they work. 

You don’t know what Stocks I own or what line of work I am in. Don’t make assumptions about people here on Yahoo! Answers. You will have a rude awakening. 

Troy Aikman doesn't seem like he gets any less intense even with the drinking during games.

They’ll do nothing to the guy. He should’ve been fired long ago for his bias and outright terrible commentary.

His name is buck, and he likes to............

someone follow him around he is a dwi risk

• I don't really care provided he doesn't drive under the influence or say something inappropriate.  Consuming an alcoholic drink does not make someone an alcoholic.  This has never been the standard for alcoholism and never will be.  Plus, alcohol is LEGAL (your country already had Prohibition and it was such a success that they repealed it).  But you clearly do care.  It's a good thing that this sort of thing never happened before, except that it was commonplace during the heyday of NFL Monday Night Football in the 70's and 80's.  

I don't have a copy of Joe Buck's contract with Fox Sports in front of me and neither do you, which is a nice way of saying that neither of us know what their policy is (if they have one) with respect to on-air talent consuming alcohol during a broadcast.  If there was a problem, it's a safe bet that Buck's bosses would have a word with him.  However, as a comparison, I looked at a copy of my employment contract (I'm in year 2 of a 3-year contract I have with my employer), there is specific language about being "under the influence" while on company premises and additional language about being intoxicated when attending industry events or entertaining clients (basically, I can drink, but I can't get drunk to where I would be unable to perform the duties of my job).  It also says that they can test me for drugs at any time "if" they have reason to suspect that I'm using illegal drugs (FTR, marijuana is legal where I live, so the illegal drugs refers to cocaine, heroin, etc.).  But if I have a beer/scotch at an industry event or a couple glasses of wine with dinner, then I'm fine (moderation is key).  In the "real world" (which you have no concept of) drinking is commonplace.  

I get it- you don't like Joe Buck (not a fan of his work; I don't live in the US but I was happy to see FOX walk away from the USGA rights package as NBC's announcers are "slightly" better than the FOX folks) but unless you're a majority shareholder of NewsCorp stock or the President of FOX Sports (and you're neither) then this isn't your business.  If you don't like Joe Buck, then I'd suggest you simply change the channel when he's on or put whatever game he's doing on mute lest your delicate sensitivities be offended.  You'll find these techniques are easily mastered and will keep you from having your delicate sensitivities offended.

Have a super day, champ.

Bull.  Drunkenness should be banned, but not drinking in moderation.  

I took a PhD seminar from the President of my university.  He would start the day's course by passing out paper cups which he then came around and filled with wine.  So the entire class (about 15 of us) had wine to sip on while we went over the day's materials.  Sharing the wine made the class quite convivial.  It was a fun course as well as a learning one.

I will give you this.  That prof. should have shared his drinks with the class.

Amazing.  Breathe wrong today and some loon wants you fired.  I'd like him fired because I thunk he's a lousy announcer but not over thus.  It's ridiculous

Not me. Drinking on the job is a problem if you're in manufacturing, but not when you're sitting in a chair talking. You're being way too judgemental about it, little dictator.

Lots of anonymous randos will believe anything.