Septum Piercings?

I have an appointment to get a septum piercing tomorrow. I was wondering what it felt like. Does it hurt? What's the experience like? What's the healing process? How long does it take? Thank you so much for your time. Have an immaculate day. :)

• D50

You've probably had it done by now. Post a photo of your new hog ring so we can have a good laugh.

It won’t hurt nearly as much as the attention you will get afterwards. Not attention for being attractive, for being a freak show.

• Funnel

Duude. Total emmaculation duude. So, like are you gonna put an extra big hog nose ring in it so your totally feminist babe can like hook her totally cool poodle leash to it so she can like totally walk you around? Like..totally tubular. I heard that like..it doesn't like hurt that much and but your babe can teach you how to like totally do what chicks tell you or something. 

• Laura

Mine did not hurt, but it stung a bit.  My eyes watered, but the pain wasn't bad enough to make me cry.  

It was a little scary, because the piercing is literally in my face, so I closed my eyes and that really helped.  

The healing process was fine, but long.  It takes this piercing 4 - 6 months to fully heal, so give it time before changing the jewelry.  Because of masks, it might take longer to heal because of the irritation on the piercing when you wear one.  Give it time and have patience, if you wait to change the jewelry when you first get it done and let it fully 100% heal, you won't any any issues with it in the future.  Mine took about 6 months to heal because my body heals piercings slowly, and because I had to flip it up often for work.  The more you flip the piercing up, the longer it will take to heal.  

• ?

ask your piercer

If you’re asking these questions you obviously haven’t done your research. Your appointment is tomorrow. Research now. I’ve had snake bites, belly button, nipple piercings. You need to know how to look after your piercing once you get it.

Obviously a thick needle going through your skin isn’t going to tickle. It’s like one second of pain and then it’s done.

The experience depends on if the piercer is a professional, the jewellery is sanitised and such.

The healing process is annoying so prepare to have the patience to clean it everyday. A piercing is a commitment so if you don’t want to take the precautions so you don’t get an infection, don’t get a piercing. Most piercings require a saline solution to clean.

A piercing should take under 30 seconds. Setting everything up will take time but the piercing will be like ten seconds and then another ten seconds to fit the jewellery in.

Do your research.

• ?

Yes, it hurts, but it's a quick pinch, then it's over. The thing with septums is, everyone has a fleshy "sweet spot" there, and the piercer should know to pierce you there and not your cartilage. I got mine done improperly the first time and it hurt SO BADLY, I thought I was going to pass out. It never healed correctly, either. Come to find out, it was cartilage, not the proper spot. When I got it redone, it was a pinch, much like any other piercing I've received. Still hurt, but it was over quite quickly. The healing process was very easy, too. This was one of my quicker-healing piercings, actually. I could change the ring out in 2 months. I kept doing salt soaks and cleaned it and avoided makeup over the area. When I accidentally bumped it, that hurt a lot. I didn't mess with it, didn't touch it, didn't twist it or have to turn it up or anything. Leaving it alone for the whole healing process will help it heal quicker and better, so don't touch it! Just let it go and clean it as your piercer instructs.