Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
? asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

Which brushes are better for hair: plastic or wooden brushes?

• Adele
    Favorite Answer

Hi The Darkest Hours,

Wooden brushes are better for hair, As wooden brushes don't harm your skull there would not be scratches on your skull, and also stop dandruff and distribute sebum which would not make your scalp slippery. it may help in blood circulation. where on the other hand plastic brushes don't have these all benefits when we talk about plasticbrushes may produce electric charge and inert electricity and speed up in losing energy .furthermore, the plastic brush may harm your scalp and there would be scratches.At the same time plastic is not long-lasting as wood. 

I do prefer plastic brushes.

• Blush

I think the bristles matter more, boar is supposedly best for hair.

sandpaper is best with a bald head

I think wooden brushes because the bristles on plastic brushes usually aren't as flexible and are more rough on the hair.

It’s the bristles that count, not the brush.  I use a very expensive brush for decades, a mason Pierson, with boar mix bristles. But the paddle body is plastic

Wooden brushes or boarshead brushes are very good.

Make sure you do NOT get water on them the wood I mean, because it will start rotting.

Honestly, I can’t believe people are saying wooden brushes on here. The wood brush has absolutely no effect on the hair. You need to get a plastic vented brush with round nodules on the ends to help maintain the scalp. I am a hairstylist and beautician, 26 years in the industry.

Wooden, unlike plastic or metal brushes/combs, wooden bristle brushes don't produce any static. Many people find that they get less breakage when using a wooden brush. The wood is smooth and your hair will glide over it.

just try them and see and then you'll know