Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 2 months ago

Where do we go when we die?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Spiritually ; Heaven. 

Physically, ; cremation or burial. 

• garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

either 6 feet under or up in smoke , worm and maggot  food you know .

• Ian
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I once spent over twenty years researching this question, it was the most rewarding journey that anyone could ever take!  Our conduct in this life is all that matters.  I will tell you one thing:  All those conservative-Christians out there can expect a very unpleasant shock when their present body dies!

• D g
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

FLORIDA I THOUGHT 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • BJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why did Jesus speak of death as a sleep?

Because a sleeping person is inactive. During deep sleep there is no consciousness of surroundings or the passing of time. There is no pain or suffering.

Similarly, in death there is no activity or activity or consciousness. But the comparison goes further with sleep.

With sleep, one expects to wake up. And that is exactly the hope that the Bible offers for the dead.

This would be the (resurrection) that Jesus spoke about.

Jesus’ early disciples clearly understood the true condition of the dead. To the followers of Jesus death was a sleep, and the grave a resting-place.

• 2 months ago

GOD GAVE US A FREE WILL TO ACCEPT JESUS(GOD INCARNATE) AND TRY OUR BEST TO LOVE HIM FIRST THEN OUR FELLOW MAN AS OURSELVES.

OR IF WE LOVE OUR SINS AN IGNORE GOD, BUT IN DOING SO YOU ARE SAYING I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH GOD FOR ALL ETERNITY.

GOD WILL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU ARE ASK FOR DURING LIFE AND AT DEATH YOU WILL BE SEALING YOUR FATE ACCORDING TO YOUR FREE WILL TO ACCEPT THE LORD JESUS OR NOT.

JESUS HIMSELF SAID, 

"THOSE WHO PURPOSELY REJECT ME AFTER KNOWING OF ME, I WILL REJECT ON JUDGEMENT DAY"

"THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS AWAITS ALL WITH OPEN, LOVING, FORGIVING ARMS FOR ALL THOSE WHO WILL HAVE HIM"

"COME TO ME ALL YOU WHO LABOR AND ARE BURDENED AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST"

"THOUGH YOUR SINS BE AS SCARLET, I SHALL MAKE THEM WHITE AS SNOW"!!!

• 2 months ago

At a cemetery...

• 2 months ago

Ecclesiastes 12:7 says that when your body goes into the grave to rot, the silver cord is loosed and your spirit leaves the body and returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7).

I assume that would be for judgement, for "It is appointed unto man once to die, and after this comes the judgement" (Hebrews 9:27).

If we have led a Christian life knowing God THROUGH CHRIST, the only Saviour, who died for us on the cross so we could be forgiven and if we have believed in Him, confessed Him as our Saviour, obeyed Him and followed Him in life etc., then we are judged as righteous ONLY THROUGH His righteousness which He has imputed unto us.

If you have had nothing to do with God and Jesus Christ throughout your life, then you are considered to be an unbeliever and you will be sent to Hell for torment for eternity, because in Hell, the worm never dies, and there is no rest day or night.  It's a place of utter darkness and misery without God and Jesus Christ who is the only Saviour, for there is no other name under heaven, given amongst men whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)

• 2 months ago

As far as anybody can tell, we don't 'go' anywhere. We just cease to exist.

• 2 months ago

There is no "we" after we die. That's what death means, child. You're gone. Done. Finished. Over.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.