Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 months ago

What is y’all’s thoughts on opposite sex kids bathing together?

My mother in law gave my 4 month old son a bath with his 4, 3, & 2 year old female cousins and I just don’t agree with that. I don’t think it’s right at all, and when I bring it up to my husband he gets mad, in his eyes his mother does no wrong. He contradicts what I say anytime it’s about his mother. She thinks she can do what she wants with MY son, his family acts like he’s not even mine. This is off topic but she wants to give him gerber puffs and he’s now 6 months and I think he is too young in my opinion and if I ever found out she gave them to him that young I would throw a FIT! But I want to know your all’s opinions on the bathing situation. I think boys and girls should be bathed separately. Also it’s very unsanitary. She talks about her other daughter in law when she’s not around so I’m guessing she probably talks about me too. 

Update:

Even if she left him alone with them? 

Update 2:

I’m not worried about the girls, I just don’t trust the husbands mother. Like i said also she acts like he’s not my child and that she doesn’t have to listen to me. 

Update 3:

Let me add I forgot to mention he did come home with a place on his leg. 

Update 4:

& you don’t have to be rude I just wasn’t raised like that is the reason I don’t think it’s right I guess. I could never imagine taking a bath with my brother. 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Gasp!  Those little girls got to see a NAKED boy and might ask awkward questions! Whatever you do, don't take any of the girls out with you, until your son is toilet-trained!  Their parents would not be pleased if you made a very young child wait outside a parent and baby room, while you change a diaper!  The only bit I agree with, is your baby should not have been left in the bath without an adult there to supervise, nor should the other children. Not because of having both sexes present, but vecause of the danger of drowning.

• 1 month ago

I have 6 children!  A boy, 4 girls, then a boy. My youngest 2 (4 yro girl & 2 yro boy) bathe together but they will wear underwear while doing so! Bath time is so much I feel like I have to bathe them together, if not I would go insane!!! ( ages 25, 18, 16, 14, 4, 2) I put them in underwear because I feel like you do. My oldest son never bathed with his sisters because I had more energy back then! 

Source(s): mom of 25 years
  • 2 months ago

I personally don't see a problem, but that's not the point. The point is that you were uncomfortable and you are not being validated by your husband, which is a way bigger problem. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

only till he gets erect

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

So, you're scared to death the girls will see a penis?  Really?  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

So its unsanitary because they're female? I mean if you had a problem with more than one kid being bathed at the same time, you have a peculiar point but at least you have a point. The fact you're getting your knickers in a twist because one's a boy and one's a girl is moronic. You need to educate yourself because for a grown woman, who supposedly has a husband and child, you're embarrassing yourself.

• 2 months ago

You have really got to calm down. They are Toddlers. They don't care. To them it is just a bath. Why are you making so much of something that really doesn't matter? As far as sanitary goes, did you ever stop to think how many kids pee in the tub while they are bathing or being bathed? IT DOESN'T MATTER!! They will be clean when all is said and done, and truthfully, dirt on a kid won't kill them, it will actually give them a better immune system. As far as it being boys and girls together, they don't know what the hardware is for, and if you start making a big scene about sexuality at a young age, they will grow up with body image and sexuality issues. Leave things alone and let them be kids. Don't take that from them.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I bathed with my brother until whenever it became uncomfortable for us to do so. Nothing creepy ever happened and we never caught anything nasty from each other. You shouldn't be worrying about your young neices being sex offenders. That's what is creepy.  

If your MIL left a 4 month old alone in the bath with 3 toddlers then I would have a problem with that because that's just downright dangerous.  

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A 4 month old??? That is perfectly fine.  He will not know the difference.  Neither will the three girls.  Teach your kids that the human body is nothing to be ashamed of.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Under the age of 8 yrs old it's fine. 

They haven't she'd off magical thinking and are not sexual.

They will develop better socially it they understand the differences of men and women

They will have less body shame.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.