Why does modern technology force itself upon you?

Or the people who are making it force it upon you?

Like, I am happy with my 2nd hand Philips widescreen CRT tv and I don’t want to upgrade to a modern flatscreen tv, but at the moment, I have a technical fault with my tv , iam from the uk, and can’t find anywhere online who fixes CRT TVs?

I love my widescreen CRT tv, so what will I do? I’m in Cheshire, so where will I find a company to fix my tv?

Iam not at all interested in getting a flatscreen modern tv, I I don’t like them or want one.

So what am I going to do?

Its not like the 1990s anymore where old technology is praised over new technology. They change the business model, as you see a new tv is much cheaper than having a old tv repair. I would consult a tv repair man at first. 

• ?

it only does if you allow it to.  I only use technology that benefits what I want it for. I have never ordered a pizza even with a landline because I make a better pizza than the places where I would order them from and also I like making piazzas.  I don't listen to music on a phone because I have a good sound system that is far superior to a phone.  I know how to read maps so I only use GPS at the end of a long trip to find a new local address.  I burn CD's to listen to my own music that I create rather than paying for satellite radio. I like the sound of stereo better than surround sound;so I use my  hand made $300 speakers that I bought years ago because they are far superior to any surround sound system or phone sound system. I keep my  land line because I know when there is a disaster that takes out  cell service the land line has the best chance to keep working. I use computers for the internet because I don't care for touch screens and the picture is too small on even the biggest phone. i listen to a real radio I refuse to listen on a smart *** speaker unless it is on some remote station that I have a particular reason to listen to such as participating in a trivia contest. I always built my own computers until the store bought became cheaper than the ones I built  

some devices can be tweaked under the tube cover,I purchased a zenith lil 30 in tuber ( 1991 ss  made in that year) plus a used fridge delivery incl 80 bucks in the early  2000s removed the plastic housing blew out dust w a mirror and small slot and phillips head screwdriver,windex tuner cleaner spray,kept tweaking pots (potentiometers) till a color pic showed up from a predator DVD on pause  color for flesh tones green in forests & jungle fauna came up nice blue skies  too nice reds,,some you tube vids fill the entire screen some only half the screen,all DVDs look nice the stereo makes great audio,,,no way will I spend 1100 bucks in  screens w all the bells & whistles,,no way,,,,,my guess is repairers of old or new stuff are rarely anywhere,,taxes regs and new designs constantly are flooding the market,,they cant keep up 

Cell phones. I don't have one but soon will be forced to because devices are coming without remote controls and bus systems will use cell-activated pay systems soon.

You'll need a phone to do everything.

I gave you a possible source of repair information on another forum, but as far as I can see, you never asked on there?

You are of course absolutely free to learn electronics and how to repair such things yourself. 

Doesn't it also just suck that it's hard to find someone to fix a buggy for a horse carriage ?

CRT tech is obsolete. No one can make a living fixing the few such sets that still remain.

There really bad for the environment since that tiny crt screen can potentially draw more power then a massive modern tv, and not to mention the toxic components inside them. Maybe upgrade to an oled tv and utilize black frame insertion to get the crt look. And upgrade your analog sources to higher resolution digital sources since then the content will look better then your crt...