? asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPainting · 2 months ago

Help finding a painting?

I once saw a painting in a book (which I can't find online) called some like 100 American painters. It's an abstract painting of two figures on the beach. It's colorful with blue reds and orange but also lots of shadows. The figures are almost silhouettes.

Might your book be "100 American Painters of the 20th Century" by Robert Beverly Hale? It's selected works from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I see it under ten bucks--how badly do you want to know more about this painting?

I attempted an image search based on your description, but there are just too many that could be it.