Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 2 months ago

Does Lenovo still have shady programs on their computers?

I didn't know before I ordered a legion 5. but they had all kinds of **** that happened years ago. like the superfish program that is basically malware. 

so do 2020/2021 Lenovo laptops still have security problems?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Enigma
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It was put there by the Chinese,not Lenovo.

• 2 months ago

Payment all bank account number and

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

it wasn't malware, it was adware. but shady nonetheless.

MOST computers come preloaded with "junkware". stuff that 3rd party companies pay them to preload onto their computers. and EVERY major manufacturer does this. the first thing i do with a new PC is uninstall all the bloatware.

but Lenovo was pretty quick to remove it once they realized what it was doing. they even have a link on their site for how to remove it, so it's not as though they did it on purpose.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I have 3 Lenovo laptops bought years ago and none of them contain any malware or have any security problems whatsoever and they all still run perfectly up to now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.