Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Does this sound like narcissism to you?

I used to love other people so much even if I barely knew them and went through a lot mentally doing so.I would say I love myself more than anyone else, that doesn’t mean I would never die for someone else but the fact I would makes me love myself more. I believe I have better morals then most if not all people.I love my uniqueness and how I don’t fit in the crowd and wear clothes other people don’t. I hate the structure of society and feel like most people are brainwashed into a certain way of living and beliefs.I feel like if everyone was like me the world would be a better place 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, it's just being self-absorbed.

Watch Sam Vaknin on youtube, if you want to know more.

He's just had an hour long video about how he sees life as a diagnosed narc.

Very interesting watch.

• 1 month ago

I believe you have certain narcissistic tendencies but are not a legitimate narcissist or one with NPD. Possibly head strong, but not a bad person if you are not outwardly projecting these ideas onto everyone.

• 1 month ago

No. You are a normal person who just has personal issues. 

Psychologically you can never love someone more than yourself.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That's your problem. There is rarely a soul so-call purely altruism. You'd better grow up son and learn to survive. Otherwise, you will finally be screwed up.

Don't think too much. You are shy to refuse an unhealthy approach. Be strong and confident. Get rid of the tangle and move on.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I think you just have a strong personality. It's not really narcissistic unless you push it onto everyone else.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

While it is true that you have to love yourself before you can love others. Try not to love yourself too much. After all, the way the story goes, Satan was vain and he loved himself so much that he was cast out from the heavens.

• 2 months ago

The general public are followers & will follow along.  You are not a follower, you like to dance to your own beat & be unique & not like everyone else.  Good for you.  Not all of us are capable of being just followers, some of us stand out & are uniquely unique.  Be proud to be unique.  No I don't think it is narcissism.

• 2 months ago

Nah look up a guy named muzen from demon slayer cause he is a perfect example of a person with NPD

• 2 months ago

No it is not.

It sounds like you do not like others.

• 2 months ago

Not necessarily the definition of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which requires three essential behaviors-including a lack of empathy for others.

Less formally diagnostic, we all have mood swings and ego/id/superego thoughts because of events which can make us feel powerful or lower self esteem at least momentarily. That's normal and is not narcissistic unless it becomes long term and becomes a "lifestyle."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.