Have you ever used VPN to buy things not available in your area?

There’s something I want to purchase online but they don’t have it available for the area I live in. 

If I use a VPN would I be able to purchase it and send it to my actual address?

nope, I haven't done that.

You don't need to VPN to make a purchase out of your area.

Just look at the site

Are you trying to order from IKEA by chance?  I tried to buy a cat bed from them online but couldn't because they don't ship to my area.  Guess I'm going to have to take a ride to Florida and go to the Orlando store to get it.

It does not make any sense. If not available, they might not ship it to that region. Be careful they might charge high shipping for it.

• opurt

The VPN will hide your internet connection's IP address, but if you want to have something shipped to you then you'll have to put in your real address which would make it pretty obvious that you're in an area they won't sell to.

No, regular VPNs don't hide GPS location but can mask your IP-based location pretty well. Surfshark is currently the only VPN that can mask GPS location, and it only does that on its Android app.

• Bill-M

You only need to use a VPN if the website your going to is Geographical Blocked.

Just look at the site your on and see what the shipping charges are.

• Lv 7

if it's not available "in your area", then even if you are using a VPN, you still need to type in your area for them to know where to send it.

what you need is a friend who lives there, who they can ship it to, then can ship it to you afterwards.

• P

Stores use your shipping address not your computer location to determine eligibility since that's what actually costs them.