Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Is it possible to lose weight if I stop eating ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Rita
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Skipping meals is not a good idea. To lose weight and keep it off, you have to reduce the amount of calories you consume and increase the calories you burn through exercise. But skipping meals altogether can result in tiredness and may mean you miss out on essential nutrients.

• 2 months ago

Not necessarily.  You will lose some because you won't be carrying as much in your gut and intestines but losing weight is not necessarily a result.  Your best chance to lose weight is let someone else do it for you.

• 2 months ago

Yes, it is, however, it's not the best decision... You risk seriously damaging your stomach. You have to eat. Moreover, nutrition experts advise eating every 2-3 hours (it could be some healthy snacks, say fruit, a cup of tea, or a glass of water). It's very dangerous just to stop eating... 

Try to eat less and choose more healthy food, drink about 2 liters of water every day, and do some exercises, and you'll lose weight.

• 2 months ago

Yes, you do. A lot, but it's really risky. The advice for weight control used to be simple: eat less and exercise more. But emerging research suggests that not all calories are created equal. That bowl of frosted cereal for breakfast has a completely different impact on your body than an equivalent serving of oatmeal with fresh berries. Here are some of the foods that seem to contribute most to widespread obesity, and those with the most promise to help us slim down.

The latest research has found that the men and women with unexplained weight gain, had one thing in common …. A low core body temperature is the temperature of your internal cells.

In fact, scientists have found that the lower your core body temperature, the slower your metabolism.

.I hope to inspire some people on my journey. And that’s whyI’m honored to introduce you to………………….

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If you will do that all you will loose is your consciousness not weight.

And weight is not about not eating, that's a myth. It is all about eating correctly. You don't need to get into some tough diet plans like keto, just eat healthy homemade food. Stop eating junk or even packed food. Remember it's always 70% food and 30% exercise that work on hand in hand to get into an ideal and healthy body.

To assist you in staying true to physically, mentally, and emotionally fit goals, Dr. Steven Quay have compiled some resources on working out, eating nutritiously, and practicing self-care—all from the comfort of your home.

Click on the link.

Lv 7
    2 months ago

Of course. If you stop eating long enough you'll lose water weight, fat, and muscle. Do it for too long and there could be permanent damage or death. FYI, muscle tissue is NOT tissue you want to lose (btw, your heart is a muscle).

• 2 months ago

I know someone who did that. Her hair all fell out, her skin was a mess, and she ended up in the hospital. I have heard of people who do a fast one day a week (they drink plenty of liquids, though) and it doesn't seem to hurt them. 

• 2 months ago

Yes, but that's not the way to do it. That would be starving yourself if you did it completely.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Stop eating completely? You may for like a week, or so it would seem, but your body would quickly go into survival mode, and when you start eating again, it will hold onto every single calorie and gram of fat you consume. You would also be more likely to binge; consume more calories than you normally would during a typical meal. You cannot trick your body. Try all you want, but it will backfire because your body will constantly try and survive, despite what your brain tells it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I’m sure you can 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.