Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 2 months ago

Think I may have gotten a ticket, I’m panicking?

I was at a red right waiting to make a left turn. The light just turned green so the cars in front of me go, and I go right behind them. I honestly just wasn’t paying attention to the cars coming from the left because I knew they were stopped at a red light. But I noticed in my mirror that the car behind me was stopping. There was a cop car coming up from behind me but it didn’t have the siren sound on so I didn’t notice until he turned the sound on. I pulled over immediately as soon as I heard him, but I think I make have cut him off without realizing. Then he turns his lights and sirens off, and turns into an apartment building parking lot and then turns around to come back out of the parking lot. Could he have stopped to get my license plate number and have me cited? I really can’t afford my insurance to go up right now and I’m freaking out. How long will it be until I find out?

Nah, he would have stopped right there in the middle of traffic to cite you.  It must have been coffee break time for him. Fresh donuts out of the oven.

• DEE W

If he did not give you a ticket then nothing to worry about.

I SURE HOPE SO BECAUSE YOU DESERVE ONE. EPIC FAIL. 

If he was going to give you a ticket he would have given it to you then.  They do not normally write down numbers and then mail them ticket.  That normally only happens when the ticket is being issued because of an automatic camera.  

Sounds like maybe he needed to get to a different part of town quickly, so he turned his sirens on to get people out of the way so he can turn around?

I mean cops can mail tickets without pulling you over, but since you pulled over when you noticed him and you weren’t purposely being a jerk, he likely doesn’t care enough to cite you. If he didn’t write you one on the scene, then you probably won’t get one. If a week or two passes and you haven’t gotten anything in the mail about it, then you’re fine.

The cop was on other business and needed you to move out of the way. That's all.

A ticket for... what? Not pulling over for a police car trying to get past? If you didn't notice them, you didn't notice them. If they didn't pull you over specifically then there's literally no reason to be worried because cops have better things to do most of the time.