Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why is society making me feel like I’M the one who is doing something wrong?

I’m 24 years old, & I’m a virgin. The times are different, I understand that. And yes, I am a Christian. However, decided to save yourself for your future Husband or Wife, is not necessarily related to religion. It’s a personal choice. It kind of makes me slightly upset. I’m 24, I have a very good & well paying job. I’m physically fit. I make sure to eat right & take care of my body inside & out. But whenever I tell a guy that I am a virgin & intend to wait until marriage; it’s like I’m poison & that can’t distance themselves fast enough. FIRSTLY!!!!!!! Let me say, that I do not compromise on my ideals, ir morals. Nor do I intend to compromise on this issue! I just wondered why society & guys in general make me feel like a social pariah.....or a relationship pariah, or deal breaker.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

This isn't anything new. We live in a world where most people see pre-marital sex as a very normal thing and most people don't wanna buy a car before they test drive it. That's the way that it's seen usually but it's good that you stick to what you believe in and that you don't give up just because of what others think. There's nothing wrong with you and try not to let it bring you down also you don't have to answer anyone that asks if you're a virgin or not. That's your business and life is too short to care what other people think. You know who you are, what you want, and that you won't settle for anything less and that's something to be admired because lots of people settle when they can do better but you just keep being yourself and just live your life.

You sound a lot like me.

A lot of areas differ as far as how religious conservative thinking goes... but there are also hypocrites i.e. a man that praises that, proposes to you, and ends up a tyrant. 

I'm a guy in this situation... 39 and having never been on a date but what I'll mention is that I'm not necessarily saving myself... I just have to deal with being a guy that is completely invisible to women i.e. I can literally PURSUE "trouble" and have... "trouble" run away from me. 

I used to complain about it a lot at religious gatherings.

There were dudes that would have to literally fight off attention and most would fail... whereas I would just complain about the lack of attention I was getting despite doing everything right... and I brought up that contrast irony and most didn't really know what to say. 

Not to sound offensive but you're overthinking about what society has to say or thinks. Tbh, society doesn't care. You just stay true to yourself and that's what matters!😯

I wouldn't worry what other people think 

Because you are putting your p*ssy on a pedestal. It's just sex, it is natural, and feels really good.

When a loser who "doesn't like it when a girl says no" distance themselves from you, it is ALWAYS a good thing! It means don't waste your time with a loser that is most likely looking for sex anyway! And furthermore, why do you GAF what society thinks? It's your life, your decision!

• Blush

just bc ppl are doing it doesn’t mean it’s wrong. You might make them uncomfortable 

doesnt matter if you have a good job and living a good clean house and driving a nice car and making alot of good salaries and or christian . alot of christians makes many mistakes in their lifes not your parnter faults or yours. but we all understand what you telling us on here. because so dont feel like that way that people going treat you wrong beause you did something or said something wrong. so you shouldnt take things too serious to feel hurt by others . plus people might feel different way or they  dont really care or not really listen to you. but better keep your feelings private . if you need any advices or need to talk about something such ask us . but dont over reacting like  no body is ignoring your question.

Nothing wrong with your choice.

Eventually you will meet someone who appreciates that, but not every single male or female is out looking for a life partner. If they are looking for something different then they have saved you and themselves a lot of wasted time and possible heart ache by not pursuing you further. Perhaps alter your methods of meeting people. Try going to places or volunteering at places where you are more likely to cross paths with someone who shares your morals. 

iT IS THE MOVIes and idiots are large.   People do not really know themselves and go around.  But hey more power to you and  people do not need to know your business.........besides your best friends and significant other