Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 2 months ago

Who still play games in 1080p?

I personally don't like 1080p and stick to 1440p-2160p gaming. The only time I play with 1080p is when I'm forced to! (Nintendo switch)

I mean, I play on a gaming laptop and don't really see the relevance for 4K on a screen as small as the one I use. I'm honestly perfectly fine playing in 1080p, but I do see the relevance on a TV screen.

• ?

I have to, until I can get an RTX 3080. =)

Yeah, sounds like you are PROUD to own a great TV.

I get that, cool.

I own a 55" 4k, 2 48" HD, True HD front projector w/90" screen setup.

32" Toshiba CRT TV for the older consoles.

Switches like crazy to swap signals.

Running 2 Nintendo Docks and a "mClassic" off the 360.

Xarcade Tank Stick with ALL the adapters.

Thrustmaster T300RS GT w/dedicated 32" tv off the wall.

Not to mention all the Nintendo Roms I have before they started pulling them.

Game Room has the old Dell, running XP and ALL the emulators.

Upstairs, Raspberry Pi.

YEAH, 4K is old, but Hope to GOD you didn't buy a "QLED", cause they suck.

OLED, is the future.

Anyways.

• ?

i play most games on 1080p, a few in 4k or 2k

• ?

i can see fine on a 1080p hdtv.  and still enjoy the game too 

I frequently play 8-16 bit games, so I regularly dip into sub 360p territory. 

Especially with original gameboy games, where we plunge into the 144p abyss.

• is this a brag or a question....?

resolution or graphics are not the main reason why any game is good or bad,  game developers in the past who have believed this  generally fail miserably, if that were the case video games as a pastime would never of become more popular, you only need to see what video games were like back 30+ years ago to realize that..eye candy and asthestis  hi-res etc simply make whatever respective game look prettier and that's it..

If I'm on say, a 27 in monitor and everything's in motion, the difference between 4k and 1080p isn't all that noticeable. But the difference between 144fps and 30-60fps sure is.

Source(s): I'm running a 2070 super. My monitor can technically do 1440p, but I still usually play at 1080p if a game can be at all taxing on it. In shooters and other action games, I love the higher FPS. In other games, maxed out settings at a lower resolution tends to look better than having to turn off features like ray tracing.
  • ?

1080?  Sh!t, I still play games in 320x200 on my Commodore 64!  And the 400-something lines of resolution that my Playstation puts out on the CRT TV.  You don't need 2160 or even 1080 to enjoy a good game.

People playing on TVs/monitors where 1080p is the maximum resolution, where the refresh rate at those higher resolutions isn't fast enough to keep up with gameplay and thus causes image stuttering or tracers, and/or where the size of the TV/monitor is so small that there's no perceptible difference.