Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Leonie asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 2 months ago

How do I get my tv to turn back on and stay on?

So I have a really old 24 inch wide screen Led BUSH branded tv (about 9 years old maybe more) in my bedroom. I will click the power button to turn it on (the light will turn green) and then 3 seconds after it will power off by itself. 

I whacked the living life out of the back of the tv last night and I did something right because the tv turned on and stayed and and performed fine. However, this morning im not having much luck. 

I keep trying to whack the back hoping, what happened last night will happen again today but I may have to eventually whack it into a bin if noone can help. 

Does anyone know what causes this problem or how to fix this problem on this tv? I mean, if it at least turns on then it can't be completely screwed. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

1- maybe oxidized wires terminal ... should be cleaned with a contact cleaner spray.

2- maybe a cold soldered joint ... should be found with a magnifier and re-soldered.

there is a crack on the joint.

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

Have it repaired by someone who uses proper methods. 

• 2 months ago

The TV likely has a loose internal connection; it might even be a “dry” solder joint.

But unless you can open it up to identify and fix the fault yourself, it will be cheaper to buy a secondhand used newer and better 24” widescreen LCD/LED TV and even brand new ones at that size cost very little.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.