Leonie asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 2 months ago

How do I get my tv to turn back on and stay on?

So I have a really old 24 inch wide screen Led BUSH branded tv (about 9 years old maybe more) in my bedroom. I will click the power button to turn it on (the light will turn green) and then 3 seconds after it will power off by itself. 

I whacked the living life out of the back of the tv last night and I did something right because the tv turned on and stayed and and performed fine. However, this morning im not having much luck. 

I keep trying to whack the back hoping, what happened last night will happen again today but I may have to eventually whack it into a bin if noone can help. 

Does anyone know what causes this problem or how to fix this problem on this tv? I mean, if it at least turns on then it can't be completely screwed. 

• ?

1- maybe oxidized wires terminal ... should be cleaned with a contact cleaner spray.

2- maybe a cold soldered joint ... should be found with a magnifier and re-soldered.

there is a crack on the joint.

Have it repaired by someone who uses proper methods. 

The TV likely has a loose internal connection; it might even be a “dry” solder joint.

But unless you can open it up to identify and fix the fault yourself, it will be cheaper to buy a secondhand used newer and better 24” widescreen LCD/LED TV and even brand new ones at that size cost very little.