Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

can i sue if a person with Asperger's submits complaints about mistakes that i make on the job?

this person is complaining to the regulator of my profession and i want it to stop

she was once employed at our company but was bullied

she complained and even got a lawsuit filed

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

what are the actual damages?  you can only sue for damages.....ask your lease about a cease and desist letter.  consider harassment charges.  if they continue to file complaints as there would be no basis for more since they don't work there anymore.

• 2 months ago

The person is FAR MORE competent than your 13 year old self, that doesn't have a job.

When did you drop the part about unsafe mines?

Note: Even if you were NOT a low skill troll, Asperger's wouldn't be relevant. If a lawsuit was filed by government regulators, there is FAR MORE than the person's complaints to prove the compliant IS legitimate.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Possibly if the complaints meet the definition of harassment and/or you can prove malicious intent.

• 2 months ago

Not if those complaints are legitimate.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

If what she is saying is not true you can sue for defamation.  Asperger's is not a protection against lawsuits.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can sue anyone who makes false statements but you can only sue for compensation of the damages they caused.  That might not be enough to interest any attorney in taking your case.

• 2 months ago

You can sue but the other party can counter sue. It is better to stay out of such situations and not bully people. Some employers are very immature and they should focus on making the workplace better by including people with Asperger’s or other disabilities.

• 2 months ago

You can sue anyone for anything but the odds of finding a lawyer that will take your case and winning are nonexistent.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.