Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentTechnology · 2 months ago

I found out I really don’t like to work in IT and want to go back to hospitality, but I am ashamed about this. Is this normal?

Why would you be ashamed?  Who says everyone has to like the same field of work?

I really don't understand why this would be an issue for you, unless you spent a lot of money earning a degree in IT and now feel it's a waste. Even then, NO degree is a waste. Plenty of people work in fields totally unrelated to their majors.

We don't need the world to be teeming with IT professionals. We can use only so many of them, after all.  Seek work in the field that you believe is the best fit for you, that you like the best. That's what EVERYONE should do.