Is there an “age limit” for playing video games? How old is “too old” to play?

My friend says 40. He said if you’re 40 and still play video games that’s considered too old to be playing? What about you? Is there a certain age people should play video games? Or can anybody play them no matter what age you are?

Favorite Answer

I am a professor, own two successful businesses, and am just about to turn 40. I still play video games for a couple of hours a week. 

• drip

My husband is 61 and he plays games on the computer.   He has been playing table tops games since he was a teen, 

Video games are an established part of society now. People will be playing them their whole life. 

• Blush

My father is like 60 and he is retired and he plays a lot of video games....so I don’t think you can really ever be too old.

I don't think so. But when I was 3 years old my mother didn't let me get a GameCube

I am gonna be 30 In June and I don't play video games on my phone anymore since a couple of years ago. I've probably grown out of it or just don't have time. I had Candy crush and fruit ninja on my phone but never played them. A game I was really interested in was Sonic adventures, you know the character with blue hair that rolls into a ball. And also Temple run from several years ago and a couple of other ones. 

NO AGE LIMIT TO BE A PERSON WHO LIKES PLAYING A GAME:

I'm turning 50 this year and I still play video games, and I'm even a WOMAN who plays video games. lol Stuff like God of War, Wolfenstein II, Fallout, etc. I know several men and women my age and older who play video games - and stream them. We grew up playing the first arcade and PC video games, why should we stop now? Some people might stop playing because of health reasons, such as arthritis or vision problems, but why would there be an age limit? Shirley Curly aka "Skyrim Grandma" is in her 80s. 

• ?

That's very subjective. I am 46, and still thoroughly enjoy playing video games.

Without games what do you got?

Sex, Work, Sleep, TV.

Sex is fun (not your choice when), Work sucks (not your choice if when), Sleep is bliss, TV is annoying and a waste of time with all the commercials, call it "Family Time".

Gaming is Awesome.

Whenever I feel like stopping, that's what my age limit will be. 30s? 40s? 50s? 60?  I have no idea...