Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
If someone from another country is married to a US citizen can his family come to the US for free or something else?
- Anonymous1 month ago
HERE IS THE BEST SOLUTION TO OUR ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION PROBLEM:
1. $10,000 FINE TO EMPLOYER FOR ANY ILLEGAL ALIEN WORKING FOR THEM, DOUBLING THE FINE EACH TIME THEY ARE GOT
2. MAKE ILLEGALS INELIGIBLE FOR ANY GOVERNMENT BENEFITS
3. ONE YEAR OF HARD LABOR FOR THE FIRST TIME CAUGHT ILLEGALLY IN THIS COUNTRY
4. 5 YEARS HARD LABOR SECOND TIME CAUGHT ILLEGALLY IN THIS COUNTRY
5. THIRD TIME WE WILL JUST SHOOT YOU THAT WAY WE KNOW YOU WON'T BECOMING BACK THE FOURTH TIME
- 2 months ago
I think the spouse can come? But you cant just bring in the whole family.. they have to come legally!
- RICKLv 72 months ago
The person can petition to sponsor family members but its not free and it takes many years.Right now the average wait to bring a sibling to the US is 17 years
- FoofaLv 72 months ago
If his US citizen spouse sponsors his permanent residency and he later chooses to naturalize then once he's a US citizen he can apply to sponsor his own immediate family members (assuming he earns enough to function as their sponsor). The exception to this would be minor children whom can be included in the original petition and also sponsored by his US citizen spouse.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- W.T. DoorLv 72 months ago
No. Even the spouse of the US citizen cannot "come to the US for free".
- random_manLv 72 months ago
Absolutely not true.
Moreover, in some cases they can't come to the US at all. Depending on what country they are from, they may still need to qualify for a visa, or be sponsored for a green card, and there may be an extended waiting period.
- MaxiLv 72 months ago
That would be no...............
- sunshine_melLv 72 months ago
Lol nope - or at least, not quickly or easily. Sponsoring family visas takes upwards of a decade.
- Spock (rhp)Lv 72 months ago
no freebies. yes, there are special rules for immediate family members -- but cousin Vinnie isn't eligible
- ?Lv 52 months ago
Not only can they not, he can not, there is a process.