Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

DK439
Lv 5
DK439 asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 2 months ago

Do you agree once you get vaccinated, you should not be required to wear a mask anymore?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Jeff D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

In general, yes; but it raises the question of how we determine who's had the vaccine and who hasn't.  Rather than get into the whole 'proof of vaccine' ID cards and what not, it's probably easier to just wear masks for a while longer.

Once the vulnerable population (the elderly and those with underlying conditions) has been vaccinated, the need to slow the spread of the disease largely goes away.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Every honorable person will continue to wear a mask, the way they wear other clothing.

• 2 months ago

people shouldn't even be wearing masks!

WHO lowered the cycles on the PBC test from 40 cycles to 15 cycles! (so less people testing positive for covid now!!!!!!!!!!!)

why do you think the daily cases in the USA have dropped from 300,000 to 75,000 a day with an avg. of 100K+ recoveries a day!

this a Big illusion!

• 2 months ago

No. Vaccines are not a fully proven cure. There is still a huge possibility of contracting the virus from someone else who has not been vaccinated. Also, new spreads and higher death rates can make anyone vaccinated or not more vulnerable until Scientists have deemed the air we breathe safe. This is why it baffles me when people treat mask exemptions carelessly, and should really think through if they are exempt. There is a virus. You could get killed. Wear your mask like everyone else. It doesn't protect you from the virus. It protects someone else getting it from you. Ie, the spread of it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No. Because getting a vaccination is not a 100% guarantee that you won’t get the virus. Wearing a mask with continue to ensure you and others are protected. 

But if you live in a place where there are no more COVID cases and mostly all the individuals are vaccinated then it might be okay. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't think my mask would be necessary but I would still wear it in accordance w/ the guidelines by location. It's not my call what will develop w/ the guidelines. What is the CDC position, for example? Back when this started, the experts talked about flattening the curve. I'm not aware this has changed.

• 2 months ago

no.  there is no reliable research yet as to whether the available vaccines prevent transmission.  all they were tested to do is prevent serious cv19 cases ...

• jijawm
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Just don't get emotionally unhinged over it, like so many infected with TDS or CRTDS*

* Critical Race Theory Derangement Syndrome 

Attachment image
  • Mark
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

A vaccination does not stop you from getting it.  You still have a 5% chance of getting it if you come in contact with it.  The vaccine is more apt to let you get it without symptoms, enabling you to spread the virus without even realizing it.  Since masks are to keep you from spreading it, no, being vaccinated should not be an excuse.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm not bothered by a small piece of fabric

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.