Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Eating less food to diet but now I'm hungry a lot. How to counteract?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

1.Try replacing one meal with a good bowl of oatmeal. 

Quick 1 min one is very convenient. Add some plant milk ( oat milk by Califia is my preferred choice)Add butter if you need some (works for me if I am out of milk)A little bit maple syrup or raw agave, pink salt, cinnamon to taste Raisins, nuts, peanut butter, apples - optional.This should last you ~3 if not longer hours depending on the amount you ate.

It's really delicious with a cup of coffee also.

2.Try tofu with your veggies (as in Asian stir fries, and cut down on rice and other starch as it was suggested earlier)

3. Do not cut down on "evil" foods 100%.

Sugar, for example.

You basically scare the hell out your cells and they begin to horder the nutrients "for rainy days", lol

And that's what you maybe feel.

• 2 months ago

A couple of things to consider:

1. Drink a lot more water and or herbal tea.  This will fill you up some without adding any calories.

2. Cut starchy carbs like bread, cereal, pasta, potato and rice.  Replace these with much larger portions of low-calorie, low-carb vegetables like lettuce or broccoli or cauliflower.  You can eat a lot of lettuce for very few calories.

3. Get some good fats.  Yes, fats are high in calories, but fats are also essential and, more important to you, increase satiety. 

4. New gum.  Often our mouths are "lonely."  We aren't actually hungry.  Chewing gum can  cut the craving.

5.  Look into your emotional eating patterns.  Many people who are overweight use food when they are tired, lonely, sad, mad, stress, etc.  it takes time to train your brain and recognize these behaviors -- and then find an alternative.

6. Eat slower.  Even consider eating half your allotted portion and waiting for 15 minutes before eating the other half.  It takes time for our bodies to recognize we are full.

7. Try intermittent fasting.  

8. Make sure the foods you are eating on your diet are nutrient-dense: quality protein, good fats, vegetables high in vitamins and  fiber.  Don't eat low-nutrient/high-carb foods like rice cakes or 100-calorie brownies, or yogurt full of sweetened fruit. These foods don't meet your nutritional needs and they spike your insulin, which can cause hunger and cravings. 

• Audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can't. Dieting always leaves you starving and miserable. I know. I'm 74 and have dieted most of my life. Just accept the misery Find something to do to take your mind off it. Good luck.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can greatly increase the amount of food you eat as long as you do one simple thing: increase the volume of sh*t you produce.  

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Here's some truth that you'd expect to be well-received but instead because of corporate propaganda is written off as crazy or false, but nevertheless remains the truth:

Dieting ALWAYS fails. 

Exercise has almost nothing to do with significant fat loss or gain. 

It's not the amount of your diet that needs to be somehow selectively altered by you so much as the CONTENT of your diet. 

I don't need to ask if you regularly consume sugar,  HFCS, honey, nectar, juice, molasses, syrups and/or  white flour products.   These are 85-99% of why you are fat.  Fructose: Unbound. 

Why?  Because it's addictive and food industry knows it.  Addiction is the highest profit!

Fructose easily overwhelms the liver and while it often causes things like diabetes II and most heart disease,  it ALSO  prevents your natural hunger off switch (the hormone leptin) from doing its job; telling your brain to STOP EATING: BODY CELLS are full. 

This isn't up for debate.   It's as real as climate change and gravity. 

Most people denied both when the concepts were nascent. 

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig, M.D.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

What is left to enjoy .if you never had those moments then eat . I didn't have those moments or memories to eat . So just eat etc . At least somehow u ate the food that u wanted to . Everyone eat before you etc . Just forget the diet etc 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.