Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Are you suppose to tip a mover?

Not for moving houses. If I ordered furniture from a store and requested it be delivered. I'm not sure if I tip for that. 

• ?

If delivery people who respect my floors and walIs to prevent damage and are polite, yes, I tip them individually.

We had a major back draft after a brand new furnace installation that left an oily residue on EVERY surface of our 2300sf home. It was a MAJOR mess. ServicePro came to the rescue and cleaned every square inch of the house and it's contents. It took 4 people 7 days to clean everything. I tipped each of them $ 50.00 for their hardwork and because they did not break one single thing and left the house spotless !

• ?

Moving companies don't automatically include a gratuity in their pricing, so tipping is always a nice gesture. As a guideline, you should tip your movers between 15% to 20% of the total cost of the move for large or long-distance moves and 5% to 10% for smaller, cross-town moves.

No, you're not supposed to tip them. You probably already paid the delivery FEE. They get paid by the company that does the deliveries. 

You offer them a drink and that's about it. 

Tipping would be very unusual.  Don't waste your $$$.  Even if it was a house move, don't tip.  

Tipping is extremely overused.  Tipping a delivery person is over the top even if they're delivering something big like furniture.  

It can depend on what they are delivering and how hard it is to deliver. Delivering a piano to a second story apartment is much different than delivering a stuffed chair to someone's home on the first floor. Also some deliveries need to be hooked up like a washer or dryer. 

I never have, and I don't think they expect it. 

Depends which country you are in, I guess.

I do, especially if they carry it in, position it, unwrap or un box, are neat, pick up, and on

time

• .

I do. A ten seemed to work when I had a couch and chair delivered.  Assembling a bed and bringing in dressers and nightstands? I gave each of the two guys a ten, so $20.  I’d like to hear from movers though.