Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Johny_John asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Which is the effective medication for mouth ulcers?

I have been suffering from a mouth ulcer for the last 2 days. But the complexity of sores is rapidly growing by the use of prescribed medicine. The mouth pain is unbearable. How do I get instant relief? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Rita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

using over-the-counter benzocaine (topical anesthetic) products like Orajel or Anbesol. applying ice to canker sores. using a mouth rinse that contains a steroid to reduce pain and swelling.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you're talking about canker sores, apply a wet aspirin to it, hold it on for a minute. The aspirin neutralized the acidity of the sore, takes the pain out, and helps it heal quicker. 

• 2 months ago

I would wash the mouth with iodine/water solution. you can drink it, too. Lugol solution; 2-4 drops in a 1/2 glass of water.

• 2 months ago

In the UK, I would buy 'Bonjela', the adult formulation with a small amount of local anaesthetic in it.  Applied directly to the ulcer, it stops the discomfort very quickly and helps the ulcer to heal. I am sure there are other brands but Bonjela is the ulcer treatment I know and use. It can sting for a second when first applied.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rick B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

ambesol or oragel work well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.