Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

Which front in World War 2 was the worst for American soldiers ?

Europe (including North Africa, Italy France, Germany) or the pacific.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Probably the Pacific, the Japanese didn't believe in surrender.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The Battle of Stalingrad caused about two million casualties from Soviet and Axis forces and stands as one of the century's worst military disaster. It was one of the bloodiest battles in history and is considered as one of the major battles in the World War II.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That's on a case by case basis as unknowable. Thus, whatever you want to believe is true enough. I wouldn't try to sell you on one because the amount of "exceptions" are potentially on a grand scale. I'm pretty sure the soldiers wouldn't debate it. I used to luncheon w/ a handful of WW2 vets. These were very humble men highly respectful of each other regardless of service.

• 2 months ago

Probably Europe - in the battle of the Bulge there was a mass surrender of 7500 Americans. In no other theatre of the war do you find American troops capitulating en masse like that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Anywhere where the couldn't get chewing gum and coke. Bunch of soft fairies.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.