Is there some sort of hypnosis/indoctrination involved when it comes to teaching the fundamentals of the English grammar?

I would like to correct my English skills and comprehension skills due to the fact I was only taught how to read and write in my earlier school years. I was denied my English grammar indoctrination in my earlier school years because I went to a terrible school. 

I am sick and tired of looking and talking like an idiot.  I just want to be like everyone else now. 

David K, those English Grammar books you’re referring to are books that assume you already have the indoctrination. They won’t be of any help to me if I don’t have the indoctrination in the first place. I would not be able to understand any of it without the indoctrination. 

My school had screwed me over.

Buy an English grammar book and ask a librarian to direct you to "the classics."  Then READ, READ, READ!

• L

It seems today's teachers don't teach Grammar because too many students make words up and the teacher faces an endless battle daily. 

I'm so glad they were teaching Grammar when I went to school.

• helene

THERE IS NO SUCH "INDOCTRINATION."

Not for grammar, not for math, not for metrosexuality.

Your grammar is not the problem. Your content is the problem. You are mentally ill.

Troll!! Really??

You don't need any "indoctrination". You need to read. I never really had grammar instruction in school- I was always in the advanced group that did actual reading and writing instead of being drilled on grammar rules. However, my grammar is excellent because I read so much. Reading is the natural way to learn how sentences could be constructed, and how to spell, too. You don't have to be able to recite grammar rules- most highly educated native speakers can't. It's like riding a bicycle- you don't have to know exactly how the neurons send the right signals to your body to keep you balanced. You learn it subconsciously. 

answer -- no there is not.  there is no substitute for memorizing the relevant details via frequent use.

Then get a book at library on basic grammar and practice. It's up to you.